Jun 17, 2010

Baby Boy

This morning Brian and I had our dreams confirmed, our next baby will be a baby boy.  I had a mother's intuition I was having a boy, I suppose because my heart felt a little different when I saw baby boys in public.  Also, even early on, these belly kicks have some real strength behind them!
I am so excited, yet frightened at the same time.  Having a girl seemed so natural, since I'm a girl (obviously) but also grew up with only sisters.  I understand dance shoes, make-up, and boy drama.  I imagine Brian must've had the same apprehension for Charlotte's birth as I have for Patrick's, coming from a 3 boy family.
Despite my anxieties, I am ready for this.  I can't wait to see the world through a little boy's eyes - to learn to appreciate frogs, worms, and running just about everywhere.  I can't wait to love him and to know that I am the first woman he will ever love.  I hope that he will be fun-loving, adventurous and hopefully have a little less flair for the dramatics then his older sister.  But like his sister, I hope he loves to cuddle, hug me tight, and give Eskimo kisses.
I would love to post some pictures of his beautiful profile from the ultrasound pictures, but I only have a video and printed photos.  Trust me though, it's just about the sweetest profile you will ever see on a grainy ultrasound picture!
And to all of you friends and family with little boys (that's just about everyone) - time to start sorting through your clothes for hand-me-downs :)

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I was apprehensive too, but rest assured...it will come as natural to you as raising C has. And, the part where you wrote about being the first woman he will ever love got to me. What a sweet thought :)

Unknown said...

I am so, so, so, so happy for you and Brian. Such exciting news Angie. Hooray!

Unknown said...

I am so, so, so, so happy for you and Brian. Such exciting news Angie. Hooray!

Chris said...

Just think, you get to learn all about dinosaurs again! I think I enjoy raising a boy more since we didn't experience what "boys" do. Plus they shouldn't have all the drama in the future :-)